Christmas Ale Pub Crawl this Friday in the Rice Village
Dear Saint Arnold’s Army:
The 14th Annual Christmas Ale Pub Crawl Will Be This Friday, December 12
We will again use our “open house” pub crawl. Here is how it all works: There will be a total of five stops. We will be signing tickets at all four of the first four stops for three hours so people can split up between the establishments. You will get your ticket at whichever stop you decide to visit first. But, VERY IMPORTANT, we will only be handing out the tickets between 6 PM and 7 PM. Thus, you still need to start between 6 and 7. Then, at 9 PM, everybody will gather at one final stop and that is where we will award the glasses. The prize for making all five stops will be our pub crawl pint glass. We will have a large but limited supply. And as always, designated drivers are both eligible for the award and encouraged to attend! So here is the layout:
The first four locations (at which we will be simultaneously between 6 PM and 9 PM):
We’ll find three places in the southern Morningside area but north of University. Hint: Bake ginger wood.
We’ll find one place around Rice Blvd and Kirby. You’ll have to wing this one.
At 9:00 we’ll look for one final place in the Morningside area, perhaps a little north of the others, but still staying south of Rice Blvd.
Hope to see you there!
Now, for our annual tips for maximum enjoyment:
1. PRECOATING: Try to eat something before commencing the crawl.
2. PACING: Too many Christmas Ales at the first stop is a critical strategic mistake. This is known as “Sprinting Too Early” which is not advisable in this, a distance event. Can have negative repercussions later.
3. MANNERS: Be patient with bar staff. Remember, 1,000 or so people will be descending upon a poor crew. They will be working as fast as they can. Also, it is considered very good manners to tip well everywhere you go. This creates good “beerma”.
4. CASH: Bring cash! This pleases the bar staff and the people standing behind you. Cash is fast. Credit cards are slow. They cannot run tabs for 1,000 people.
5. BUDDY SYSTEM: Make sure that you are always in contact with a couple of people you know. One of you is bound to know where the next stop is.
6. MAKE NEW FRIENDS: As everyone on this crawl will be intelligent and good looking, this is an excellent place to meet new people. Also, you will note that some people become better looking as the crawl wears on. If this occurs, be sure to consult your Buddy System partner.
7. DESIGNATED DRIVER: Yes, we encourage this strongly. You never know when you might decide to run for president. And even the designated drivers on the crawl qualify for the prize. While pregnant wives are perfect for this role, it is known to be poor judgment for a husband to claim that this is the best part of her being pregnant. See “Mood Swings.”
8. ENJOY ST. ARNOLD’S BEERS: It is in poor taste to be seen quaffing anything else. Ever. See “Curse of Saint Arnold.”
Last Christmas Ale Cask Tapping at the Stag’s Head on Monday, December 22 from 6-8.
Be clean shaven on January 1 to be able to enter our Donegal beard growing contest.
And, while not an event, we boosted Christmas Ale production this year to see if we can make it last until Christmas this year!!
Thanks for your support! We are now working on foundation at our new building. Still many months until we are brewing beer there.
The Brew Crew
Ann, Bobby, Brett, Brock, Chris, Daniel, Frank, James, John, Justin, Kathy, Kendra, Lennie, Michael, Nicholas, Nick, Pedro, Phil, Sam and Vince
Saint Arnold Brewing Company
2522 Fairway Park Drive
Houston, TX 77092
Tours Every Saturday at 1:00 pm