Craft Beer Power Rankings 4-11-13
The Full Pint brings to you the Craft Beer Power Rankings for the last week of March. We attempt to rank the top five beers based on influences from a number of factors including, but not limited to social media platforms, Rate Beer, BeerAdvocate, etc. Here we go!
5. Aleman/Two Brothers/Stone DayMan – Stone has engineered two hard to get IPAs, and demand is following. People are finding this to be something sold in limits of 1 per customer. It’s crazy tasty, but being hard to get takes it to whole new levels.
4. Clown Shoes Luchador En Fuego – As Clown Shoes hits new markets this season, they’re crazy labels and beer is lighting up social media feeds. It’s such beautifully marketed beer. It’s not trading crazy, but according to retailers, they can’t keep this beer stocked.
3. El Segundo Brewing Citra – A very new brewery in the Los Angeles area has been making some above average hoppy offerings for over a year now. One of them has been a tap only beer called Citra Pale Ale. WAIT DID YOU JUST SAY CITRA?? El Segundo just launched bottles in California, and all the rage is their Citra Pale Ale. Because we all love Citra hops.
2. Founders KBS 2013 – Go to any trade board, whether it be BA, Rate Beer, Reddit, Facebook, etc, and everyone wants to use this beer is heavy trade bait or is pining for this beer. Does it matter that it’s a shelf beer? Not in the least. People are still going nuts for this beer.
1. Firestone Walker Parabola 2013 – Much like hype surrounding any beer that has the name Citra in it, barrel aged imperial stouts are good, a barrel aged imperial stout with the brand name of the spirit the barrel was used for takes it to insane levels. Parabola, im my opinion is an amazing underrated beer, and that might be because it hasn’t been super hard to get. The interest on this beer is through the roof with the announcement that they are using Four Roses barrels, and our guess is this beer will fly off the shelves.