Craft Beer Power Rankings 1-11-14
Welcome to this weeks edition of Craft Beer Power Rankings. We attempt to rank the five most buzz worthy beers of the week, based on trends on social media and on the major 2 message board communities (RB/BA). Cheers!
5. Noble Citra Showers – You add bacon to something, and it’s usually way awsomer right? Same thing with Citra. Put a little Citra on it, put the word Citra in the name of the beer, and you have yourself a mega popular hit. Kidding aside, Noble Ale Works is continuing their SoCal dominance with this good smelling double IPA.
4. Lagunitas Sucks – This beer is still trickling out to all of its markets, in 12 oz. and 32 oz. bottles. People are enjoying it, and debating the differences from the original run of this beer.
3. Bell’s Hopslam – Bell’s Brewery makes many excellent beers, but this one is an annually released favorite of many. It’s a great trading beer, everyone who can’t get it in their town wants it, and there is a relatively small window to enjoy it at it’s peak, and that’s right now.
2. Prairie Noir Series Beer – Prairie has the format down for beer that caters to the super enthusiast. Much like famous Prairie Bomb!, The Prairie Noir series is waxed dipped small bottles of delicious stout straight up and treated similar to Bomb!. Between being out right delicious, and demand outpacing supply, you have yourself a very buzzworthy beer.
1. Upright Fantasia – People are excited that this beer is back. It’s a great tasting fruit sour, it’s got beautiful packaging, and will be blowing up on the request block this coming week. If you can find a nice person in Oregon to trade this, you will be quite impressed.