The Rare Barrel Introduces Online Bottle Access to Public
(Berkeley,CA) – As a sign of growth (perhaps), club membership and onsite only sour ale makers The Rare Barrel are opening up online sales to the public. Read on below for all of the details on how you can or can not get your hands on some beers from The Rare Barrel.
We are excited to announce that we are starting Online Bottle Access! What is Online Bottle Access? Well, we now have some bottles of a couple brands to sell online to the public and our first 24-hour sale starts on Monday, August 8th at 8:00AMPacific. Bottles will occasionally be available for sale through Online Bottle Access but are not guaranteed. Below is a summary of the Online Bottle Access Terms and Conditions.
- Online Bottle Access is the name of our online store where we will occasionally sell our bottles of beer
- All orders must be shipped to an address in California
- There is an order minimum of 3 bottles per brand and a set maximum limit for each brand sold through Online Bottle Access
- Bottles are sold on a first come, first served basis, and are not guaranteed
- Customers must be 21 years of age or older
- Online Bottle Access is not for Licensed Retailers of beer. Beer purchased from Online Bottle Access is not for resale.
- Online Bottle Access is not a club
- Click here for more details on Online Bottle Access
So how is this different from Ambassadors of Sour? ……
As an Ambassador, you are more than welcome to purchase extra bottles through Online Bottle Access, but there are a few ways that this is different and we’d like to loop you in on that. While your Ambassador of Sour membership offers many perks and benefits, OBA is a new opportunity for you to purchase extra bottles. Maybe there was a beer you really enjoyed and want more bottles of, or perhaps you missed the AOS pre sale for a certain brand. No matter the reason, OBA will be another option to conveniently purchase some of our beer online while still receiving your AOS discount. All purchases made through Online Bottle Access will adhere to the Online Bottle Access terms and conditions. The following outlines what to expect when making purchases through Online Bottle Access and some of the differences from the AOS pre sale.
- Not all of our publicly released bottled beer will be released through OBA. There is no way to guarantee that any specific brand will be available through OBA. However, as an Ambassador, you’ll still have first access to our bottle releases before the Tasting Room and OBA.
- Orders placed through OBA will typically have a minimum order quantity of 3 bottles per brand.
- Limits and quantities are not guaranteed and can vary depending on the bottles sold and quantity on hand.
- All OBA sales will take place in the Shop, not through the allocation section.
- As an Ambassador of Sour, you are welcome to purchase any available bottle through the OBA sales and still receive your 10% AOS discount.
- All orders must be shipped when placed and can not be stored at the brewery for pickup or shipping at a later date. OBA orders can be combined with previous AOS orders you would like shipped. If you have an AOS order at the brewery, visit the “Order Fulfillment” page and add the desired orders to your card before completing the OBA checkout process.
- At this time, all OBA sales will last for a period of 24 hours which is shorter than the current 7 day window offered during AOS presales.
Your Ambassadors of Sour membership gives you priority access to purchase most releases online prior to any public sale and gives you the ability to store the bottles at the brewery for pickup or shipping at a later date. These benefits will continue and your Ambassadors of Sour membership is still your best way to ensure you don’t miss out on a single release. Your AOS membership is also the best way to continue to enjoy all of the other exclusive benefits that Ambassadors of Sour offers. But, if you find you aren’t able to get enough bottles through your Ambassadors of Sour membership or want to purchase more bottles of a beer you recently discovered you enjoy, feel free to purchase some bottles through Online Bottle Access too!
Online Bottle Access Sale
What | The following bottles will be available for purchase through Online Bottle Access for 24 hours only
Ensorcelled ‘16 – dark sour beer aged in oak barrels with raspberries. Each 750mL bottle is priced at $30 + tax (before Ambassadors discount) with a minimum of (3) bottles, and a limit of (12) bottles per purchase.
Forces Unseen ‘16 – blend of golden sour beers aged in oak barrels. Each 750mL bottle is priced at $20 + tax (before Ambassadors discount) with a minimum of (3) bottles, and a limit of (12) bottles per purchase.
When & Where | Click here to purchase bottles starting at 8:00 AM Pacific on Monday, August 8th through 8:00AMPacific on Tuesday, August 9th. Bottles are sold on a first come basis and can sell out prior to the end of the 24-hour sale. The best way to guarantee your bottles is to order early.
Shipping | All purchases will be shipped. Our goal is to have all orders shipped by the end of business on Wednesday, August 10th. Orders should arrive between Tuesday, August 9th and Thursday August 11th. If you have not seen a delivery attempt of your order by Friday, August 12th, please email us at [email protected].
Ambassadors of Sour| As an Ambassador, you’ve already had access to conveniently purchase these bottles online, and we’ll continue to make sure that you still have that first access. If you’d like to get more bottles, you’re more than welcome to partake in Online Bottle Access. You will receive your Ambassador discount on any OBA purchase. However, please note that all Online Bottle Access orders need to be shipped and can’t be held at the brewery for pickup at a later date.
Please Note | We will not be able to process any online transactions after the 24-hour sale closes at 8:00AM Pacific onTuesday, August 9th.