SweetWater Brewing Expands Distribution Pittsburgh Area
(ATLANTA,GA) – SweetWater Brewing Company announces it will further extend its footprint into the State of Independence this spring. Ranked among the nation’s Top 20 craft breweries in sales by volume according to the Brewer’s Association, SweetWater plans to bring Pittsburgh natives a boatload of new brews the first week of June.
After careful planning and a healthy bit of local sampling, SweetWater proudly announces it will begin flowing into the Greater Pittsburgh area with Frank B. Fuhrer Wholesale – Southwestern Pennsylvania’s largest beer wholesaler. Locals can look forward to spotting the brewery’s iconic rainbow trout tap handles and bottle/can packaging, kicking off in Pittsburgh before continuing on to additional markets throughout state.
SweetWater will float into Pittsburgh with their most popular brews beginning with their flagship, 420 Extra Pale Ale, alongside a lip-smackin’ lineup of libations including:
- 420 Extra Pale Ale – SweetWater’s 420 is a West Coast style pale ale with big hops and a crisp finish. First brewed on April 20, 1997, 420 is extremely well-balanced which makes it a perfect introduction to a new town – that’s why they say “drink ‘em if you got ‘em!” Rolling out in 6-pack bottles, 12-pack cans and draft.
- SweetWater IPA – This mammoth India Pale Ale (IPA) is dry-hopped to the gills delivering a kick-you-in-the-teeth hop chop. The brew is unfiltered to leave all the natural flavors intact. Rolling out in 6-pack bottles, 12-pack cans and draft.
- Waterkeeper® Hefeweizen – A brew with a cause, this a go-to summer seasonal has notes of banana and clove and is perfect for sippin’ and grillin’ all season long. Rolling out late June in 6-pack bottles and on draft.
- Take Two Pils – A golden blonde German pilsner brewed with spicy floral hops and a head-first trip down the rabbit hole of lagers. Rolling out in 6-pack bottles, 12-pack cans and draft.
- Hop Hash – Made with pure hop lupulin (aka “hash”) from hop pelletizers, this double IPA is among the dankest out there delivering a pungent punch to the palate. Rolling out in 6-pack bottles and on draft.
- SweetWater Blue – SweetWater Blue is a unique, lighter-bodied wheat ale enhanced with blueberries. This ain’t no fruit beer, but it’s perfect for hanging on a warm Pittsburgh day. Rolling out in 6-pack bottles.
- SweetWater Tackle Box – The SweetWater Tackle Box variety pack is a hefty 12-pack collection featuring three of SweetWater’s favorite year-round brews, along with a fourth catch and release seasonal specialty in each box.
Folks can wet their whistles by following the brewery’s Pennsylvania Facebook page where a full list of launch and sampling festivities will be featured in weeks leading up to the June launch. Also, fans can find details on how to enter SweetWater’s “Catch a Trout Tap” contest – rewarding the first locals to spot the brewery’s iconic trout tap handles with free SweetWater schwag.
To learn more about SweetWater Brewing Company and its full lineup, visit www.sweetwaterbrew.com.
ABOUT SWEETWATER BREWING COMPANY: SweetWater Brewing Company is an Atlanta-based craft brewery living by the motto “Don’t Float the Mainstream!” The award-winning lineup of year-round beers includes SweetWater 420, IPA, Blue, Take Two Pils, and Georgia Brown. SweetWater also features a catch and release series of beers available on a limited basis throughout the year and an experimental, one-time-only Dank Tank series. SweetWater Brewery – located at 195 Ottley Drive in Atlanta – is open for tours every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. as well as Saturdays and Sundays from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. For more information about SweetWater Brewing Company, please visit www.sweetwaterbrewing.com. Hang out with your social thang out and follow SweetWater Brewing Company on Twitter/ Instagram @sweetwaterbrew, or become a fan on Facebook at facebook.com/sweetwaterbrew.