Rhinegeist 2016 Homebrew Competition Details
(Cincinnati,OH) – Calling one, calling all, we’re on the lookout for the best homebrews around. Do you have a recipe you think has chops? A concoction of delectable proportions? Well our annual Homebrew Competition is off to the races. The winners get to brew their recipe with our Head Brewer, Jim Matt, and then have their beer put into 22 oz bombers and sold wherever Rhinegeist products are stocked.
We’re widening the style categories this year to cover Hoppy, Malty, Light and Dark. One winner will be chosen from all four categories!
ENTRY RULES AND REGULATIONS:
Entrants must choose from one of the below categories:
- Hoppy includes: Categories 18B (American Pale Ale), 21 (American and Specialty IPA), 22A (Double IPA).
- Malty includes: Categories 4B (Festbier), 6A (Marzen), 7A (Vienna Lager), 8A (Munich Dunkel), 13A (Dark Mild), 14 (Scottish Ale), 26B Belgian Dubbel
- Light includes: Categories 1 (Standard American Beer), 2A (International Pale Lager), 3A (Czech Pale Lager), 3B (Czech Premium Lager), 4A (Munich Helles), 5B (Kolsch), 5C (German Helles Export), 18A (Blonde Ale).
- Dark includes: Category 13C (English Porter), 15B (Irish Stout), 15C (Irish Extra Stout), 16 (Dark British beer), 20 (American Porter and Stout)
Entrants will have to indicate theme and style on the registration (REGISTRATION PDF), as well as BJCP Style from the 2015 guidelines (Guidelines found here). Entries without this information, or entries that are of a different style than indicated above will not be judged.
- All entries must fit the BJCP’s Guidelines for their corresponding category
- Participants must produce 3 full bottles of final product for judging.
- Please drop off your submissions in unmarked bottles (along with your registration form) to Jon Colasurd at Rhinegeist Brewery NO LATER than Thursday, November 1st.
- Rhinegeist brewers and staff will judge all entries and will announce a winner the following week.
GRAND PRIZE WINNER RECEIVES:
- The chance to brew their beer at Rhinegeist Brewery alongside our brew crew. Must work within the existing brew schedule of Rhinegeist staff, and abide by brewer/brewery rules.
- Winning recipe will be available in 22oz bombers where Rhinegeist products are sold.
- An award of one keg of beer, one tap handle, and one shirt from Rhinegeist Brewery.
- One winner will be chosen from each category (4 total winners)
- Rhinegeist Brewery holds the rights to the retail of the final recipe and product. The final recipe is subject to change depending on the availability of selected hops.