Penrose Brewing – Wild XVIII Collaboration Release Info
(Geneva,IL) – Another wild release is in the works, but this time we’re extra stoked to be able to share such an incredible collaboration release event with our good friends from 18th Street Brewery. Drew and Tom have brought together two distinctly different brewing philosophies to create a wonderfully floral and layered wild IPA with subtle tartness and oak tannin — a welcome addition to the Codex Series of wild ales.
With that in mind, we decided this was an ideal time to dig out many of our cellared wilds, and this party list is pretty ridiculous. Here’s a quick look at what we’ll have on tap throughout the brewery:
- Wild 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 18
- Wild Blackberry
- Wild Plum
- Punchdown Raspberry
- Bourbon Barrel-Aged Abbey
And to avoid any concern about logistics – here’s the plan:
- Line will be counted at 10:45am and allocation determined. If you’re in line at this time, we will be do our absolute very best to ensure you receive bottles.
- Bottle sales will run through the back of the brewery, and anyone interested in the limited release, draught-only beers will need to re-enter through the taproom so we can monitor capacity.
- First specialty draught beers tapped at 11am — quantities are limited.
- Taproom bar will operate as normal, but tickets for limited release draught beers will be sold separately in the barrel cellar to ease congestion.
- While you wait for bottles, our friends from FreshGround will be on hand to share complimentary pours of their delicious coffee with you.
- Once inside the taproom, the good dudes from Nobel House will be here serving lunch from 11a – 2p.
Brewing, drinking, and sharing wild beers are all fairly high priorities in the daily life of anyone working at Penrose, and I can say with almost 100% certainty that every last one of the fine folks who works alongside Tom and myself feel equally as bummed if we ever let someone down. That is never the goal. And if something happens to make one of our beer-drinking friends was not happy with us, we hope they trust that their feedback will always be taken to heart.
So to the folks who came to our last bottle release of Wild 13 and 14 and did not receive bottles — again, we are truly sorry you left empty handed, and we hope you return on Saturday, November 14th for the release of Wild 18. It will absolutely be worth your time, and we truly appreciate your continued support.