MadTree Hosting Sustainability Week in Celebration of Earth Day
(Cincinnati, OH) – MadTree Brewing is celebrating environmental sustainability with a week-long celebration that includes tree sapling giveaways, education opportunities, and activities for families at the brewery and throughout Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Planting trees has been shown to be a low-tech, sustainable, and possibly the most effective thing we can do to fight climate change. This year marks a milestone as MadTree has given away 15,000 tree saplings over the past few years.
MadTree will champion the celebration with different events at the MadTree Taproom at 3301 Madison Rd. in Oakley centered around promoting sustainability each day from Monday, April 22nd through Saturday, April 27th. Plus, they’ll be giving out tree saplings each day! Beyond the Taproom, MadTree is partnering with retailers all over Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee to give away tree saplings to craft beer fans for the third year in a row.
“Sustainability, in all forms, is something MadTree is extremely passionate about,” said Emily Chapel, marketing director at MadTree Brewing. “We want to leave our communities better than we found them and this is one way we make a lasting impact.”
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS AT THE MADTREE TAPROOM:
- Monday, April 22: Living Wall unveiling and Parks & Rec Trivia: a new living wall installation created by local non-profit, Urban Blooms/GROW Cincinnati (5pm), and Parks and Rec themed trivia with special prizes (7pm).
- Tuesday, April 23: Sadie Blossoms Plant Bar supporting the Arbor Day Foundation: purchase a pre-made succulent garden or build your own with a portion of the proceeds being donated to the Arbor Day Foundation. (5pm-8pm)
- Wednesday, April 24: Great Parks of Hamilton County and the Civic Garden Center wildlife encounter and presentation: Come see a live Barrel Owl and learn about urban reforestation initiatives. (5pm-8pm)
- Thursday, April 25: Zero Waste Night: all waste generated in the Taproom will avoid a landfill and instead be composted, recycled, or reused. (5pm-8pm)
- Friday, April 26: Plastic Carrier Recycling Drive: Bring in a plastic six-pack or four-pack topper and receive 40% off one MadTree merchandise item. (all day)
- Saturday, April 27: Sustainable Crafts, Brewery Tours, and Sapling Giveaways: ArtsConnect is hosting sustainable crafts for kids (11am-2pm) and join a free sustainable brewery tour every hour (11am-1pm).
The living wall installation is unique in that it not only provides a breathtaking visual display but also improves air quality, absorbs sound, and supports local nonprofit Urban Blooms’ GROW Cincinnati project to create more living walls in the community. Urban Blooms is a nonprofit social enterprise creating beautiful, sustainable, and environmentally conscious communities with custom living wall installations. In order to maximize their impact, Urban Blooms partners with educational institutions, civic and municipal organizations, and corporate sponsors. These partners allow them to leverage money raised through grants and fundraising to bring large public living walls to neighborhoods around the Midwest.
MadTree is also tapping a new beer in the Taproom that features ingredients all sustainably grown in Ohio, including barley from Origin Malts in Columbus, hops from Knauss Hops from Lykens, honey from Carriage House Farms in North Bend, and spicebush berries from Integration Acres in Albany. Home Grown, is a 4.6% ABV Saison style beer that is crisp and refreshing with very low bitterness.
MadTree has also recently begun working with the Arbor Day Foundation on an urban reforestation project at Clifton’s Mt. Storm Park scheduled to take place later this summer. The project will involve planting more than 150 trees to renew the original aesthetic vision for Mt. Storm Park. This will allow the park to once again serve as a wonderful respite for the local community, reconnecting guests to nature and all of its benefits including improvements to physical and mental health, providing an ideal environment for local wildlife, and investing in the long-term future of the local environment.
About MadTree Brewing Company
Cincinnati’s MadTree Brewing was founded in 2013 to cultivate a love of craft and community, and be the most respected brewery in the region. MadTree works hard to build camaraderie with their communities and supports countless charitable organizations throughout the year. They are obsessed with delivering the highest quality products and experience. MadTree believes in growing with integrity and intention and balancing long term sustainability in all decisions. They do this while never taking themselves too seriously. Everything is done to inspire madness, while being rooted in purpose. MadTree distributes its beers throughout Ohio, Kentucky, and Middle and Eastern Tennessee.
www.madtreebrewing.com – @MadTreeBrewing – facebook