Kane Mexican Brunch 2017 Online Sale Details (9/14)
(Ocean Township, NJ) – Kane Brewing has announced the latest release of their super popular Mexican Brunch. They are at a point where they have make it an online sale and clamp down on the rules do to opportunistic system gaming and associated nuisances affecting the local community. Read on for Kane’s memo on the decision and all the details of the sale.
Why the online presale? Over the past five years the only internal consensus at the brewery regarding bottle releases is that there is no perfect way to handle them. We have tried various methods to create the best experience for our customers while working within the limitations of our production, the physical constraints of our brewery, available parking, and the concerns of our neighboring businesses and our town. Silent releases that were announced a few minutes/hours before we opened minimized the number of people at the brewery prior to opening and helped spread the crowd out over the day. However, for some time now, we’ve been getting an increasing number of complaints from other businesses in the area following release days regarding parking for their customers and employees. There have also been concerns from the town regarding parking and traffic on the small, dead-end street that the brewery is located on. A presale with a multiple-day pickup window addresses most of these concerns. It spreads the number of customers over a few days and eliminates the need for people to be here right at open because bottles are guaranteed once purchased.
Is this a perfect solution? No. We understand it expands the pool of potential buyers beyond those that can arrive within a few hours of any release announcement and despite our significant increase in the number of allocations for some of these beers they will still sell out quickly. We also know that there will be some customers who live near the brewery and visit us often that will be disappointed with this decision but for now this is the only option for certain releases. We appreciate your understanding and thank you to everyone for your support over the years.
Mexican Brunch will be released via an online presale tomorrow (9/14) at noon EST on Eventbrite with the pick-up window at the brewery this Saturday (9/16) and Sunday (9/17) during our tour and tasting room hours. More details regarding the release and the presale are available at the link below. Please read the rules for the release carefully. There will be NO exceptions made.
PLEASE READ THE RULES CAREFULLY. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.
This is the online pre-sale for the annual release of Mexican Brunch, our Imperial Milk Porter made with coffee, maple syrup, cinnamon, cacao and chilies. You are purchasing a set of FIVE 750ml bottles. Each set is $80 (plus processing fees and NJ state tax). One set per person. Any duplicate orders will be voided.
The tickets go on sale at 12 pm EST, Thursday (9/14). There will be no bottles for sale this weekend and we will not be processing payments at the brewery during the pickup window. Any unsold or unclaimed bottles will be sold at a later date.
The pickup window will be during normal brewery retail hours Saturday, September 16th (12 pm – 7 pm) and Sunday, September 17th (12 pm – 5 pm). This is the only pick-up window. If you can’t make it during these windows do not purchase tickets. The person who makes the online purchase MUST be the one present to pick up the bottles. NO PROXIES.
Some things to note:
- Based on past releases, we expect this this event to sell out quickly.
- Eventbrite does not hold your tickets in your cart, so you have not purchased them until you receive the order confirmation.
- Move through the process as quickly and accurately as possible. Create an Eventbrite account before the tickets go on sale.
- The name and address you enter in the “Home Address” section (NOT the “Billing Address”) MUST match the name and address on the valid ID used to pick up the bottles. PUT THE ADDRESS THAT IS ON YOUR CURRENT ID IN THE HOME ADDRESS SECTION REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU ACTUALLY LIVE.
- The brewery is located at 1750 Bloomsbury Avenue, Ocean, NJ 07712.
- Your purchase holds your bottles through the pick-up window. There is no need to arrive before the tasting room opens on either day. As long as you arrive before 5pm on Sunday, September 17th you will receive your purchase.
- When picking up the bottles you must bring your valid government issued ID that matches the data you provided when making the purchase. Photocopies will NOT be accepted.
- NO PROXIES. If any individual other than the online purchaser attempts to pick up the pre-purchased bottles, those bottles will be forfeited back to Kane Brewing Company.
- NO SHIPPING. We cannot under any circumstance ship bottles. By purchasing the bottles online, you acknowledge that you are obligated to pick up your bottles in person at the designated time above.
- NO BOTTLE HOLDING. Kane Brewing Company cannot, under any circumstances, hold pre-sale bottles if purchaser is not able to attend the pick-up session. A refund will be issued to you if you are unable to pick-up.
- REFUNDS. If you are unable to pick up your bottles and inform us prior to the event Kane Brewing Company will issue you a full refund via Eventbrite.