Foothills Sexual Chocolate 2014 Release Details
(Winston-Salem,NC) – It’s that time of year again my friends … time to get ready for one of the most highly anticipated beer releases in the country. And one of the biggest parties.
There’s a new twist this year – we are auctioning off the top four spots in line on E-Bay, with all the proceeds going to help local charities. Winning bids will receive:
- Guaranteed spot in line when bottle sales start
- Set of glassware, including a Limited Edition Sexual Chocolate goblet
- $50 Foothills gift card
- Foothills gear prize pack, including Sexual Chocolate t-shirt
- Special beer gift
We’ll auction off one spot a week every Monday for four weeks, beginning Monday January 6th. We’ll e-mail a link so you, our loyal subscribers, will have first shot at the bidding process before anyone else.
ALL proceeds from this auction will benefit one of four local charities:
- Forsyth Humane Society
- Habitat For Humanity
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- Piedmont Environmental Alliance
- Foothills will host its traditional bottle share pre-release party on Friday night January 31st beginning at 7pm, in the brewery portion of the brewpub. Price of admission is a bottle or two (or three or four) from your craft beer collection. Appetizers will be provided.
- The line to buy 22-oz. bottles will start on the sidewalk outside the pub. You’re welcome to show up anytime after we close at 2am the previous evening. Or just bid on a spot in line (see above).
- City police officers will be on hand overnight. Since we all know what a well-behaved crowd craft beer enthusiasts are, they’ll probably get really bored. See that they do.
- The nice officers will reportedly allow enjoyment of your own “refreshments” until daylight. Decorum is strongly encouraged. No kegstands, in other words.
- There will be portable restroom facilities in the back parking lot. You’re welcome.
- Around 7:00am, a cheerful (albeit groggy) member of Foothills’ staff will distribute numbered wristbands that denote your place in line.
- The pub will open at 8am. Sexual Chocolate will be tapped and waiting. We’ll also have breakfast available for purchase. Life is good.
- Bottle sales will commence at 10am. You’ll be summoned by your wristband number in groups of 50. Bottle prices and limits will be set closer to release, and will be based on overall yield of this year’s brew.
- No growler fills of Sexual Chocolate. And no growling about no growler fills.
- Want to stay up to date on all the latest leading up to this event? Then follow us on Twitter. We’re @FoothillsBeer.
- Hope to see you there!