Firestone Walker BarrelWorks El Gourdo & Feral Peach Release Info
(Buellton, CA) – Join us on Saturday, Oct. 22nd as we Liberation El Gourdo, Batch Two, a wild roasted pumpkin ale (with walnuts & California bay laurel leaf), & Feral Peach, a wild ale fermented with wild peaches. There are two ticket options for this Liberation. Ticket One includes three bottles of El Gourdo & three bottles of Feral Peach and costs $110 plus Eventbrite fees. Ticket Two includes six bottles of El Gourdo & six bottles of Feral Peach and costs $200 plus Eventbrite fees. Tickets go on sale Monday, Sept. 19th at 9am.
The Liberation will be held from 11am – 2pm & guests may enjoy unlimited (but responsible) beer samples & bites (while supplies last). Two ticket max purchase per person, however if you purchase two tickets then two people must be in attendance at the Liberation. No proxies allowed. Bottles retail for $14.99 plus tax & CRV each ($16.24 total per bottle). Barrelworks will be closed to the public during the Liberation & will re-open on Saturday, Oct. 22nd at 5pm. Guests must pick-up their beer by Sunday, Oct. 23rd at 8pm otherwise they will be forfeited back to Firestone Walker Barrelworks.
El Gourdo, Batch Two
Wild roasted pumpkin ale (with walnuts & California bay laurel leaf)
El Gourdo is what happens when we create a beer from orphaned Cinderella pumpkins roasted in our wood-burning oven. We add locally foraged California bay laurel, walnuts and fuel the fire with brandy staves and local white oak. The resulting caramelized gourds are tossed into an oak-aged wheat based beer blend for fermentation and further oak barrel maturation. The result is subtle yet firm. Roasting releases naturally sweet spicy pumpkin, brown sugar and hints of bay laurel leaf flavors and aromas, which mingle nicely with an earthy funk, toasted oak and bright acidity.
Wild ale fermented with wild peaches
We are fortunate to have access to many varieties of peaches in California. What better way to celebrate our wild side than tracking down a white dwarf variety from a local farm, The Christensen Ranch, and utilizing its fruit to create a beer. We couldn’t resist the beautiful aroma from this feral volunteer peach. Introducing Feral Peach wild ale. The synergy between aromatic fruit, wild microflora and long maturation in oak barrels creates a bright peach flavor, deep rustic funk and spicy oak flavors. A firm acidity and lively carbonation punctuate this concoction.
Please read carefully for information on this Liberation:
• There are two ticket options: one includes three of each beer, another includes six of each beer.
• The ticket includes unlimited beer samples & bites from 11am – 2pm on Saturday, Oct. 22nd at Barrelworks.
• Bottles are 375ml & cost $14.99 plus tax & CRV each ($16.24 total). Tickets cost either $110 or $200 (depending on your ticket choice), plus Eventbrite fees.
• Bottles go on sale via Eventbrite on Monday, Sept. 19th at 9am PST.
• Guests must pick up bottles on Saturday, Oct. 22nd at Barrelworks.
• NO PROXIES! Your name on ticket must match the name on I.D. Do not buy this ticket if you cannot pick up the bottles. We do not ship beer, no exceptions.
• Guests must pick up their bottles by Sunday, Oct. 23rd, 2016 at 8pm otherwise they will be forfeited back to Firestone Walker Barrelworks without a refund.
• Bottles are only available for pick up at Firestone Walker Barrelworks in Buellton, CA.
• Guests may purchase up to two tickets; one for themselves, one for a guest. There must be two people present when picking up beers.
• Guests who purchase Ticket One (three bottles of each beer) have the ability to purchase up to three more bottles on the day of the Liberation. Six bottles is the max allocation for each beer.
• Guests who purchase Ticket Two (six bottles of each beer) have already purchased the max allocation for these beers & may NOT purchase additional bottles during the Liberation.
Barrelworks is about innovation, exploration and trying quirky ideas to continue to evolve our Liberations.
Questions? Please email us at [email protected]