Fall Says Hello to Pumpkin Ale
Fall is now in full swing, and that means a new seasonal arrival, pumpkin beer. You may be packing up the Halloween decorations for next year, but don’t get rid of those pumpkins just yet.
They can be made into a delicious pumpkin ale, a style that dates back to colonial times, when barley was scarce and expensive, while pumpkins and other wild squashes were very prevalent.
Here are a few of these tasty ales to keep an eye out for in the upcoming months.
- Chama River Brewing Company – Pumkin Ale
- Elysian Brewing Company – Dark O’ The Moon
- The Bruery – Autumn Maple
- The Defiant Brewing Company – The Horseman’s Ale
- Dogfish Head Brewery – Punkin’ Ale
- Iron Hill Brewery and Restaurant – Pumpkin Ale
Also, visit SeasonalBeerandFood.org, for the most current listing of seasonal beers edited by the brewers themselves.