Do You Want To Know Why Snake River is Going All Cans?
From Snake River Brewing – As many of you know, we are changing our total product portfolio from bottles to cans this month. Our Lager and OB-1 Organic Ale cans were produced yesterday with Zonker Stout soon to follow!
1. CANS ARE BETTER FOR BEER…really!
* Aluminum cans preserve beer better as O2 or UV light are the biggest/fastest degradents of beer and unlike bottles, neither are introduced w/cans.
* You get a longer shelf life as beer quality is improved
* Blind taste tests prove beer tastes better longer in cans
* Beer cools faster and stays colder longer in cans
2. CANS ARE BETTER FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
* Our cans are made in Worland, WYOMING
* Cans are recycled here and not shipped to CO or elsewhere like bottles.
* Cans are 12X lighter & significantly smaller than bottles and take less fossil fuels to ship
* Cans can be crushed and take up much less room
* Cans are the most recycled beverage container
3. CANS ARE BETTER FOR OUR MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY
* Cans are portable & packable
* Cans are allowed where glass is not
* Our local recycling center prefers cans
So…we moved to cans because THEY ARE BETTER FOR THE QUALITY OF OUR AWARD-WINING BEER and better for the planet!!
I think that this would be a great opportunity for all outlets to educate their customers as to the environmental, economical and quality benefits that cans provide. In the next few weeks, I will be sending out informational sheets with the aforementioned benefits of utilizing and selling our award-winning craft-beer in cans.
I understand that some people consider canned beer equates to cheap or bad beer, but that fallacy is rapidly changing in the minds of consumers as craft-canned beer is charging forward throughout the USA and globe with more and more breweries canning their beers.
Also, after a 1 year test-study of having our Pale Ale and Pako’s IPA in cans, we found that these beers sold as much if not more than our bottled beer within our distribution area.
I would be happy to host you and your team to the brewery to talk with me and our Director of Brewery Operations, Chris Erickson regarding our decision to put our award-winning and internationally-acclaimed beer into a package that is worthy of our brews. Please call me and we’ll set up a time to talk cans, tour you through our expansion into the old Fitzgerald’s Bicycles building and maybe even have a beer or two.
If there is someone in your company besides you who should be getting this, please forward it to them…thanks.
My information is below.
All the best,