Details on Cigar City Brewing’s El Catador Club Second Edition
El Catador Club Second Edition FAQ
How much does membership cost?
· Membership is $150.
What does membership include?
· 1 bottle each of 5 barrel-aged bottle releases
· 1 El Catador Club teku glass
· 10% discount in tasting room
· 10% discount at Cigar City Brewpub
· Opportunity to purchase additional bottles
Can I use the discount right away?
· No. Benefits of membership will begin on Monday, August 4th. You will receive a membership card in the mail and it will be activated as of Monday, August 4th.
What’s different about this edition of the club?
· We have made major changes to the way you monitor your membership and check out bottles in the tasting room. Once you sign up for your membership online, you will have access to your personal El Catador Club account. This account allows you to stay up-to-date on which bottles are available, which of your bottles have been signed out (and by whom), purchase additional products, change your trustee, and update your personal information at any time. Checking out bottles in the tasting room has been simplified to an easy search of your name on a tablet. As soon as your bottle is signed out, it will be reflected on your personal account.
Which bottles are guaranteed?
· Barrel-aged Marshal Zhukov’s Imperial Stout
· Barrel-aged Caffè Americano Double Stout
· A barrel-aged barley wine
· Mystery Bottle #1
· Mystery Bottle #2
When does membership end?
· Membership has no set end date. Membership terminates 30 days after the fifth and final bottle release.
Will you guys ship beer?
· No. We will not ship any bottles of beer. All bottles must be picked up in our tasting room. We will allow one trustee (which you can edit on your membership page online) for any member if you need someone local to pick up your bottles.
New Member Sign Up
First Edition members have already started signing up. Any memberships that have not been renewed by First Edition members will be open to the public for signup.
Sales for new memberships start Sunday, July 27th at 2:00pm Eastern at the old Sears & Roebuck building across the street from our Spruce Street brewery. The lot is also used for our overflow parking (there’s a big sign that says “Cigar City Overflow Parking” in front of it, in fact!). It’s also where we had El Catador Club sign-ups last year.
The process will be simple:
– Bring your ID. You must be 21 to sign up.
– Show us your ID.
– We will match your name with a “member number”
– You will use this “member number” to sign up online
– You will have until Monday, July 28th at 7:00pm Eastern to sign up
Since you will only be getting an access code to sign up online, there will be no money exchanged at the brewery or Sears Roebuck parking lot, meaning ALL memberships will be purchased on our website. The reason we’re doing it this way is because our new membership benefits are tied heavily into the site.
We’re going to be checking names to numbers so whoever shows up to receive their member number must also be the person signing up for the account. If the name that signs up online is different than the name we received in person, the membership will be refunded and their spot will be voided.
Online Sales for Non-Locals
If any memberships remain after this, we will sell those on our website on Tuesday, July 29th at 7:00pm Eastern. A link for purchasing a membership will be posted on our blog and all social media outlets prior to that.