DarkLord Day 2009 Info
TFP: From the newly launched darklordday.com. TheFullPint.com is passing this info along, we will not be coordinating DLD!
Three Floyds Brewing – DarkLord Day 2009 – April 25, 2009.
We’re going to try to make DLD ‘09 totally different from years past. Each year we try our best to anticipate and accommodate the crowds that show up for DLD, and each year we end up getting slammed and have more people show up than we could have possibly imagined. So this year we’re going to try a couple things to make DLD ‘09 a much more enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
In order to improve everyone’s chances of getting some bottled Dark Lord we’re going to be implementing a “Golden Ticket” program that guarantees you an opportunity to buy a set number of bottles of Dark Lord. As always every visitor at DLD ‘09 will have the opportunity to buy a variety of rare, high quality craft bottled beers from Three Floyds – including Pop Skull (Three Floyds/Dogfish Head), Behemoth, Alpha King and others. We got the Golden Ticket idea from Willy Wonka. Here’s basically how it works:
- You register at this site with your name, email address and some other basic details
- We’ll keep you posted on our production schedule and what’s going on as we gear up for DLD ‘09
- On St. Patrick’s Day we will be opening the “doors” on our online sale of this Golden Tickets
- There will be a limited number of tickets sold (based upon our expected Dark Lord yield) and purchasers of these tickets will be guaranteed the opportunity to buy a set number of bottles of Dark Lord (again based upon our yield)
- Ticket holders will be guaranteed the opportunity to buy a set number of bottles of Dark Lord – we will be controlling our Dark Lord sale to insure that all ticket holders get a chance to buy.
- Proceeds of these ticket sales (tickets are $10 each) will go to several local charities.
And that’s the Golden Ticket System
We haven’t nailed down all the details yet, but that’s the basics – so please check back here soon and often for more information.