Craft Beer News Roundup: Stone Brewing, Dogfish Head, New Glarus and Avery Brewing
Stone Brewing – Stone begins working on their next collaboration today. The only details we have is with will be with Fat Head’s Brewing and Bear Republic Brewing. Editor’s note. While unimaginative, I’ll take an IPA from this collaborative effort.
Dogfish Head – We usually give you the verbatim on Dogfish Head’s release schedule for the new year. They wanted to point out that Burton Baton will now be a year round offering, there will be a Brand X (TBD) beer, and many other goodies that we’ve been hearing about in the last year. Follow this link for the lowdown. 2012 brew schedule here.
New Glarus – “Roadslush, Hop hearty IPA and Black Top, Black IPA are all available in our Hilltop Beer Depot. Roadslush and Hop Hearty started shipping this week and will soon be on shelves throughout Wisconsin! Road Slush is a rich smooth oatmeal stout. In Wisconsin you get Road Slush, even without snow.”
– A slight price increase for 2012? “Slight increases, but will vary by market.”
– We’re changing to Ball as our can supplier, which will increase the quality of the graphics on our cans.
– We are chugging along on our course to build a new brewery. Before we can cut the ribbon, though, we’re gearing up at our current facility to max it out, and bump from about 35k bbls in 2011 to 50k bbls in 2012.
Here are some details on the new equipment and space:
– Adding ~2500sqft in warehouse space
– New equipment in 2012: Another 240 bbl fermenting tank; in-line carbonator; 2nd kegging line.