Podcast EP 211 – Talking Barrel-aged Beer With Eric Ponce – Firestone Walker
We are joined by Barrel Manager at Firestone Walker, Eric Ponce. We talk about many things including:
– Partying with The Full Pint right before COVID.
– Taking time off of traveling.
– Inheriting FW Vintage barrel aged program years ago.
– Solving the problem of making these beers interesting again.
– Helldorado being a good canvas for experimental beers.
– Degassing strong ale when experimenting.
– The Brewmasters Collective
– The art and demand of Double Barreled Beer.
– The 25th Anniversary Blend.
– Hints on new vintage beers?
– The dicotomy of barrel aged stout and pastry stout.
– What’s next for wood aged beer?
And much more!
We’d like to thank our sponsor Pure Project, a small batch San Diego brewery making the finest barrel aged sours, stouts, hazy and clear IPAs. CA and NV residents can have Pure Project shipped directly. Listeners of The Full Pint podcast can receive 15% off their order by visiting purebrewing.org/fullpint.
We’d also like to thank our sponsor Radiant Beer Co., which is now fully opened in Anaheim. Please visit radiantbeer.com, sign up for their newsletter to receive 15% off your first tasting room visit.