Podcast EP 140 – Preserving British Beer – Andy Black
Co-Founder and Brewer Andy Black of Yorkshire Square Brewery returns to the show to discuss his journey into making British beer all the way in Los Angeles. Items of discussion include:
– Andy’s transition from homebrewing to brewing school in England.
– Falling in love with British Ales.
– Moving out west to brew British Cask Ales for MacLeod Brewing.
– Taking the plunge and starting his own British Ale themed brewery in Torrance, CA.
– The competitiveness and crowded market in the Torrance/South Bay area.
– The current consumer habits in craft beer.
– Tweaking the core lineup.
– One of Andy’s recent famous outbursts on social media.
– What’s next for Yorkshire Square Brewery.
– Plans for LA Bee Week.
And much more!
We’d like to thank the sponsors of this show, if you are interested in sponsoring this podcast, please drop us a note at [email protected].
• Firestone Walker Brewing – Check out the new hazy IPA, Mind Haze – Let your mind wander.
• El Segundo Brewing – Makers of some very fine hoppy ales near LAX, also check out their new digs, The Slice and Pint.
Music for The Full Pint Podcast is provided by our pal Ben Tuttle, check him out at tenderbubbles.com
Read more at http://thefullpint.libsyn.com/#uiGqDiVZQ2I0GClO.99