Second Annual Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest Extravaganza
Chico, CA – Join us for the second-annual Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest extravaganza in our home-grown Estate-hops field. Due to the overwhelming popularity of last year’s event, we’ve lined up two days of fun-filled Oktoberfest reverie.
October 7th and 8th, 2011 from 4 pm – 10 pm
Tickets for each day are sold separately. Musical lineup (featuring March Fourth), food, and beverage are identical both days, so pick whichever day works for you and go with that. Or really get into the spirit and come for both nights! PROSIT!
What: Hot Glass, Live Music, Cold Beer
Where: Sierra Nevada Hop Field
Tickets available starting September 1st, 2011.
TICKETS ARE LIMITED – PURCHASE EARLY AND PLAN AHEAD!
Ticket Options and Pricing:
$40 Oktoberfest Ticket – includes Admission, a Contemporary German Dinner Buffet provided by the Sierra Nevada Taproom, a Commemorative Beer Stein and 1 drink ticket (additional beer tickets are available for purchase)
$30 Designated Driver Ticket – includes Admission, Dinner, and a Commemorative Stein that you can use for water, lemonade or iced tea, your wristband will indicate that no beer is to be served to you
What is there to do?
- A Fantastic Musical Line-up featuring March Fourth –
4:00: J.D. Limelight– this sextet made up of trombone, tuba, trumpet, accordion, drums and sax serenades the crowd with vocals in German and English.
6:00: Polkacide – California’s only hardcore Polka band electrifies the crowd with danceable polka favorites amped up as only they can
8:00: March Fourth – This big band spectacular, consisting of saxophones, trombones, trumpets and a drum/percussion corps, stilt-walkers, dancing girls, flag twirlers, clown antics, and acrobatics will close out the evening.
- Glass Blowing Demonstrations – There will be a glass blowing studio for live onsite demonstrations from local artists. Enjoy glass blowers creating works of art while you watch!
- Delicious Fermented Beverages – There will be six styles of beer available on tap for you to sample from your authentic Bavarian Oktoberfest Stein!
- Traditional Feast – A contemporary German buffet dinner will be provided by the Sierra Nevada Taproom. Dinner will be available from 5-8 PM, and is included with your ticket price. See the FAQs for the full menu.
Oktoberfest tickets will be available online, in the Sierra Nevada Taproom, and the Sierra Nevada Gift Store, starting September 1st, 2011.
Remember, you must be 21 or older to attend!
How to get to the Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest?
PLEASE DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE – really, we can’t stress this enough… if you overindulge, leave your car and come back for it the next day. Take the free shuttle or a taxi, you’ll make some new friends and keep everyone safe. Here are some options:
- FREE SHUTTLE – from downtown Chico. The shuttle will run on a continuous loop from 3:30-10 pm. Pick up and drop off are at the transit center across from Madison Bear Garden. This is the ideal option for those seeking post-Fest festivities…
- RIDE YOUR BIKE – there is plentiful bike parking at the brewery! We don’t advocate drinking and riding your bike though…
- PARKING AT SILVER DOLLAR FAIRGROUND – complimentary parking available at the Fairgrounds, it’s a short walk to the brewery, or you can take the shuttle that will run back and forth from 3:30 pm – 10 pm. If you need to, you can leave your car overnight at the fairgrounds and pick it up the next day.
**THERE IS NO PARKING ON-SITE AT SIERRA NEVADA**
PLEASE FEST RESPONSIBLY!