Pizza Port Strong Ale Festival 2009 – What’s On Tap!
Probably one of the best beer festivals all year is a mere day away! We’re talking about the Pizza Port Carlsbad (San Diego) Strong Ale Festival. Over 75 beers over 8% abv. will be poured at the patio adjacent Pizza Port Carlsbad. Before we share with you a few great beers we heard will be on tap, we have a few tips to maximize your enjoyment.
- Eat a big meal before showing up. We recommend Pizza Port’s ‘Fest Pizza’ featuring a rye crust, bratwurst, sour kraut, spicy brown mustard, and cheese!
- Pace yourself. While your tasters are only 4 oz., they are an extra tasty, extra strong 4 oz.
- Put water into the mix. In between tasters. Not only will this keep you hydrated, it will help refresh your beaten down tongue.
- Meet some friends. The last two years TheFullPint.com went, we wound up meeting the nicest people. Because you might be tipsy, you may want to write down these peoples names, as you might forget by the next day.
Stone Brewing Co.
– Double Dryhopped Double Bastard
– Old Guardian Aged in Red Wine Barrels
Russian River Brewing
– Consecration – VIP Event
– Lost and Found Mirror Pond
– Moylander Double IPA
Karl Strauss Brewing
– 2 the 9’s Imperial IPA
Oggi’s Pizza/Left Coast Brewing
– Oggi’s Double Red Rye (Collaboration between all Oggi’s Locations)
– Old Chinwig
– Red Cock Doppel Bock
Bear Republic Brewing
– Old Scoutter’s Barleywine
– Clobberskull (Barrel Aged English Strong Ale)
– Two Turtle Doves
– Super secret surprise bottles from Rate Beer’s PMR!
– Black Xantus Imperial Stout