Philly Beer Week 2012 – Stone Brewing Co. Events
Stone Brewing Co. has several stellar events lined up to celebrate this year’s Philly Beer Week, taking place from June 1-10. Philly Beer Week is on the largest beer celebrations of its kind, featuring hundreds of festivals, dinners, tours, pub crawls, tastings and meet-the-brewer nights at area bars, restaurants and other locations throughout Greater Philadelphia. In addition to a visit from Stone Brewing CEO & Co-Founder Greg Koch for the “Forum of the Gods” panel discussion organized by Philly beer reporter Joe Sixpack, Stone will also be involved in several pint nights with rare and vintage beers, special pairing events, as well as an upscale beer pairing dinner at The Spinnerstown Hotel.
Monday, June 4th
- Philadelphia Bar and Restaurant | 120 Market St. | 5-7p | Facebook | Twitter @PhilaBarRest
- The three breweries behind the collaboration beer “Dogfish Head / Victory / Stone Saison du BUFF” will be taking over the taps tonight! Three beers from each brewery will be on, plus the Victory & Dogfish Head versions of this year’s rebrew of Saison du BUFF. (Stone’s version is not yet bottled, but should be available in late June/early July.)
- “Varga After Dark” | Varga Bar | 941 Spruce St. | 10p-2a | Facebook | Twitter @vargabar
- Eight Stone Brewing Co. beers will be on tap, including 2011 Double Bastard Ale, Bear Republic / Fat Head’s / Stone TBA, Arrogant Bastard Ale, Stone IPA, Stone Ruination IPA, Stone Cali-Belgique IPA, and Stone Imperial Russian Stout.
Tuesday, June 5th
- “Big Ass Beers & Big Ass Whiskey” | The Trestle Inn | 339 N. 11th St.| 5-9p | Facebook | Twitter @TheTrestleInn
- Whiskey & beer pairings, featuring Stone 11.11.11 Vertical Epic Ale (a Belgian-style amber beer with Anaheim chilies & cinnamon), Double Dry Hopped Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale, Stone Imperial Russian Stout, OAKED Arrogant Bastard Ale, and a cask of Stone Pale Ale.
- “California Night” | Khyber Pass Pub | 56 S. 2nd St. | 9p-12a | Facebook | Twitter @KhyberPassPub
- Three beers each from Stone Brewing Co., Firestone Walker Brewing Co., and Anchor Brewing.
- Our beers on tap: 2011 Stone BELGO Anise Imperial Russian Stout, Double Dry Hopped Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale, Stone IPA
Wednesday, June 6th
- “Forum of the Gods” | Philadelphia Bar and Restaurant | 120 Market St. | 2-4p | Facebook | Twitter @PhilaBarRest
- Philly Beer Week’s signature roundtable, featuring Stone Brewing Co. CEO & Co-Founder Greg Koch, Rosemarie Certo (Dock Street Brewery), Mark Edelson (Iron Hill Brewery), Paul Kavulak (Nebraska Brewing), and Colby Chandler (Ballast Point Brewing).
- Presented by Ale Street News; moderated by Philly’s own beer reporter Joe Sixpack
- Tickets available at http://www.phillybeerweek.org/forum.cfm
- Stone is pouring: Stone 15th Anniversary Escondidian Imperial Black IPA, Stone Smoked Porter w/ Chipotle Peppers, Double Dry Hopped Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale
- “Dueling Casks” | Lucky’s Last Chance | 4421 Main St., Manayunk | 5-7p | Facebook | Twitter @LuckysManayunk
- Two special Stone Brewing Co. beers on cask: Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale Double Dry Hopped w/ Summer hops, Stone IPA Double Dry Hopped w/ Pacifica hops
- Also on tap that night: Stone Smoked Porter w/ Vanilla Bean, Stone Imperial Russian Stout
- Kildare’s Irish Pub | 4417 Main St., Manayunk | 8-11p | Facebook | Twitter @KildaresYunk
- Six Stone Brewing Co. beers on tap: 2011 Double Bastard Ale, Double Dry Hopped Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale, Stone IPA, Stone Smoked Porter, Stone Levitation Ale, and Stone Cali-Belgique IPA.
Thursday, June 7th
- “Let’s Get Vertical” Beer Dinner | The Spinnerstown Hotel, Restaurant, and Tap Room| 2195 Spinnerstown Rd. | 7pm | Facebook | Twitter @Spinnerstown
- Menu includes a trio of raw oysters, beer mussels and escargot, hopped flatbread, hops-dusted frites, and pound cake with bananas Foster.
- Stone 06.06.06 Vertical Epic Ale (a Strong Belgian Dark Ale with Trappist yeast)
- Stone 07.07.07 Vertical Epic Ale (a Belgian Saison with ginger and cardamom, as well as grapefruit, lemon, and orange peels)
- Stone 09.09.09 Vertical Epic Ale (an Imperial Porter with Belgian yeast, vanilla bean, tangerine peel, and French oak chips)
- Stone 10.10.10 Vertical Epic Ale (a Strong Belgian Golden Ale with triticale and chamomile, along with Muscat, Gewurztraminer, and Sauvignon Blanc grapes
- Stone 11.11.11 Vertical Epic Ale (a Belgian Amber with Anaheim chilies and cinnamon)
- $45/person. Reservations required. Call (215) 536-7242
ABOUT STONE BREWING CO.
Stone Brewing Co. was founded in 1996 by Steve Wagner and Greg Koch in North County San Diego, CA. It is the 11th largest craft brewery in the United States and has been named “All-Time Top Brewery on Planet Earth” by BeerAdvocate magazine – TWICE! A recently announced $50M+ expansion plan (that includes a hotel among other lofty ventures) is underway, as are developments to become the first American craft brewery to open a brewhouse in Europe. Visit stonebrew.com for more information.