Mt. Angel Oktoberfest
Highlights: Traditional Biergarten, Weingarten and Alpinegarten; continuous live music (more than 30 groups) on four stages; free Kindergarten with rides and shows; Friday and Saturday night street dancing; more than 50 Alpine food chalets serving ethnic foods; arts and crafts show; “Cruz-n Car” show; RV and tent camping.
There is no more appropriate setting for an American version of the “Old World” Oktoberfest than in Mount Angel, Oregon. The small community was settled by German pioneers in the 1800s and readily reminds one of the rich Bavarian countryside. Oregon’s oldest and best-loved Oktoberfest began in 1966 as a traditional harvest festival to celebrate the bounty of the earth and the goodness of creation. It is Oregon’s largest folk festival.
- Continuous live music on four stages
- Free Kindergarten with rides and shows
- Friday and Saturday night street dancing
- Over 50 Alpine food chalets serving a wide variety of ethnic foods
- Large Arts and Crafts Show
- Traditional Biergarten, Weingarten and Alpinegarten
- Over 30 musical groups featuring the Original Donaumusikanten from Germany Courtesy Lufthansa
- Cruz-n Car Show
- RV and tent camping for self-contained units
- Lots of protected parking
Open Thursday – Saturday From 11 a.m. ’til midnight.
Open Sunday from 11 a.m. ’til 9:30 p.m.
For more info: www.oktoberfest.org