Maine Brewers Festival 2009
Maine’s best craft brewers celebrate with their 16th annual tasting festival at the Portland Expo. Start your weekend at Dinner With the Brewers on Friday night, followed by two tasting festival sessions on Saturday. Enjoy great music and tasty food pairings!
The 16th annual Maine Brewers Festival will be held on Friday and Saturday, November 6th and 7th, 2009. This festival celebrates the quality and community of Maine’s craft brewers and their tasy celebrated brews. Great food, door prizes, interesting vendors, and fantastic music round out the experience. This event has become an anticipated New England tradition. We hope you’ll join us for fun, friends, and most importantly, great beer!
Friday Night Dinner with the Brewers is Back!!!
Last year was the first-ever Friday Night Dinner with the Brewers, and it was a smashing success! The chef from the Clarion Hotel met a month in advance with the owner-brewmasters from Atlantic Brewing, Gritty’s, Allagash, and Shipyard, to review what food and brews would be fresh and seasonally-appropriate for Maine’s November brewfest. We planned the five-course menu, the brewers decided whose product matched best with each course, some good acoustic music was booked, and we were ready! We opened the evening with a panel discussion about the brews and breweries, moderated by Yankee Brew News. There was a brewer (or panelist) sitting at each table of guests, so we could all ask questions and listen to great brewing stories all evening… what a hoot for anyone who likes a good beer, a good story, and some up close and personal contact with Maine’s craft brewing industry!
The first-year ticket-buying pioneers had a fabulous time last year, and it may well sellout this year. We’ll improve on the winning format by adding a little more “learn your beer” Q&A and discussions, for those who want that. Here’s what your ticket package will include:
- A pre-dinner panel discussion with 4 Maine brewers about 1 or 2 beers that they each bring to the dinner, many of which you’ll have a chance to pair with your dinner.
- Whoa! What a line-up of your favorite Maine craft brewers we’ll have, Last year it was Gritty’s, Allagash, Shipyard, and Atlantic. Stay tuned to learn this years line-up.
- Panel discussion and presentation, with the evenings featured brewers, moderated by our guest professional industry insider.
- Dinner at Portland’s beautiful and convenient Clarion Hotel
- Great, live background music!
- Admission to the regular Saturday festival, either the Happy Hour session or the evening session
- Each dinner table features a brewery employee. Each table of attendees has a chance to talk with, and learn from, a brewing expert while they’re enjoying dinner.
- A limited edition, full-color, full sized Maine Brewers Festival beer mug, and other good schwag!
Saturday Event Schedule
Happy Hour Session: 1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Doors open at 1:00 p.m.
- Taps open at 1:30 p.m.
- Food sales start @ 1:00 p.m.
Evening Session: 6:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Doors open at 6:00 p.m.
- Taps open at 6:30 p.m.
- Food sales start @ 6:00 p.m. Taps close 15 minutes prior to session end, allowing you time to enjoy your final brew.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
Please allow extra time for the ID process to gain admission.
No backpacks or large bags are allowed per security measures. Coat check available inside.
Weather Considerations – If it’s an unusually warm fall day we suggest bringing a pair of shorts along. This is an indoor event and the Expo does not have air conditioning capabilities. Add a little dancing to your experience (which we find often happens) and voila! heat is generated. We want you to be comfortable and hope this advice is helpful!
Designated Drivers – Yes, we do make provisions for designated drivers. Designated drivers will purchase their tickets in the normal manner. Upon arrival they will exchange their drink tickets for a meal coupon and Icelandic Glacial water coupons. They may keep their souvenir tasting glass. It is essential that anyone interested in this option contact us by e-mail prior to October 20, 2009 to make arrangements.
Parking – There is limited parking behind the Expo. There is a parking lot between the Portland Expo and the Portland Ice Arena, with another lot at the rear of that lot, towards Fitzpatrick Stadium. Parking for the event fills up fast and there is usually an event at the Stadium the day of the beer festival. Check back here for more details about parking as we get closer to the event date.
Carpooling – Interested in ride sharing to the Maine Brewers Fest?
Sign up here for an account and become a member of a growing and dynamic community. It is free to join and to use. PickupPal members can track the number of rides they have given or taken and the number of miles they have traveled via ride sharing and the Maine Brewers Festival can keep track of the amount of carbon emissions we have collectively reduced as a result! Help us help the planet!
For Tickets or More Info visit: www.mainebrew.com