Hop Scotch Spring Beer and Scotch Festival
Develop your sense of taste at the 6th annual event featuring seasonal beer, premium scotch and tequila
SEATTLE- The Hop Scotch Spring Beer and Scotch Festival allows aficionados and novices alike the opportunity to taste some of the most elite beverages during a truly unique tasting experience. The 6th Annual Hop Scotch Spring Beer and Scotch Festival, benefiting Northwest Folklife, will take place Friday, May 2nd, from 5pm to 12am, and Saturday, May 3rd, from 1pm to 12am, at the Fremont Studios.
The festival features the finest of spring seasonal microbrews, a one-of-a-kind scotch tasting experience, and new to the event this year, an opportunity to take in the flavors of premium Tequilas at the tasting bar fashioned in honor of Cinco de Mayo.
While most microbrew festivals give visitors the opportunity to indulge in taste, Hop Scotch allows guests to further educate their pallets with the presence of distinguished experts in Microbrews, Tequila and Scotch.
- Local and National brewers will be on hand to help guide guests through their tasting experience in the Microbrew Tasting Garden.
- In the Tequila Tasting Lounge, an expert of Tequila will be available to answer questions and help visitors decide what tequilas are best suited for their Cinco de Mayo celebrations.
- Master of Scotch Ari Shapiro will be on hand to teach guests about the “secrets” of Scotch during guided one-hour Scotch seminars, and throughout the two-day experience in the Scotch Tasting Garden.
Visit www.hopscotchtasting.com or call 206.633.0422 for more information. This is a 21 and over event.
Pictures from last years event:
Hop Scotch – Spring Beer and Scotch Festival
“Develop Your Sense of Taste”
Friday, May 2nd 5pm–12am & Saturday, May 3rd 1pm–12am
When: Friday, May 2nd 5pm–12am, Saturday, May 3rd pm–12am
Where: Jonas Jensen Studios in Fremont (155 N. 35th St. Seattle, Wa 98103)
Admission: Hops Scotch Admission $20 advance purchase or $25 at the door: Admission includes a 6 oz. souvenir cup & six tasting tickets
- Scotch Tasting, admission plus $10: flight of six-¼ oz. Scotch tastes
- Scotch Tasting Seminar with the Master of Scotch $30: An hour-long seminar conducted by the Master of Scotch with 12- ¼ oz. Scotch tastes.
- Additional beer tasting tickets are $1.75
- Designated Driver admission $10
- Restricted to 21 years old or older with a valid ID.
Public Info: Visit www.hopscotchtasting.com to view event details or call 206.633.0422.
Event Details: Hop Scotch Spring Beer and Scotch Festival is a premier two-day microbrew, and Scotch tasting experience benefiting Northwest Folklife. Featuring over 60 beers and Scotches, it is a truly unique indoor festival tasting experience highlighting the best of malt beverages.
The Beer: Over 50 award-winning, handcrafted microbrews will be served in one of the first tastings of the new Spring beer collections. Hop Scotch will also feature many select domestic and international high-end beers.
Scotch Tasting: Scotch tasting is perfect for those beer drinkers ready to try another craft malt beverage. The Scotch Tasting Seminars are for novices and connoisseurs alike offering 12- ¼ oz. Scotch tastes in an exclusive one-hour guided session with the Master of Scotch. The Scotch Tasting Seminars will be held Saturday at 3:00pm, 5:00pm, and 7:00pm. Who knew learning could be so much fun! The cost of the Scotch Tasting Seminar is $30- purchase early, space is limited.
For those interested in a Scotch Tasting without the guided session there will be a Tasting area within the microbrew festival that offers 6- ¼ oz. tastes. This tasting experience is self-guided with the Master of Scotch and Scotch representatives on hand for any questions that you may have. The cost of the Scotch Tasting is $10.
Beneficiary: Proceeds benefit Northwest Folklife, a not-for-profit organization. Northwest Folklife creates opportunities for individuals and communities of the Pacific Northwest to celebrate, share and sustain the vitality of folk, ethnic and traditional arts for present and future generations.