Great Beer… Greater Cause
Beer Auctions for Charity at Liquid Solutions – Rare and Vintage Beers
Here is a great opportunity to donate some money to a good cause and get some great beer in return from one of the most popular online beer retailers in the country, Liquid Solutions near Portland:
This year in conjunction with FredFest 2008 Liquid Solutions is hosting an online auction of rare and vintage beers. All proceeds going to Parkinson’s Resources of Oregon, the local affiliate chapter of the National Parkinson Foundation, this in memory of friend and famed beer and Scotch author Michael Jackson. Many breweries and private collectors graciously donated the beers for this worthy cause.
The auctions start at 3:00PM Pacific Friday May 9 and they will be closing starting at May 11 at 3:00PM Pacific then at 5 min. intervals (i.e. Lot FF01 will close at 3:00, FF02 at 3:05…). Below is a list of the beers up for sale.
- 6 different auctions for a bottle of Hair of the Dog Dave, which is a much sought after 29% ABV barleywine produced in 1994. The strength was achieved by taking 300 gallons of HOTD Adam and freezing it twice, leaving only 100 gallons. Starting bid is at $80/12 oz bottle. It’s for charity, but many people might view that as a fair price for this beer, regardless.
- Bottleworks anniversary lot. Includes the 2003 Strong Ale from LaConner, the 2004 Elysian Icarus Belgian Triple and the 2008 Russian River Deviation. Starting bid is $95 for the lot.
- Big Time Old Wooly Barleywine Vertical. Includes 1991, 1994 – 1999, 2002, 2003 & 2007. Starting bid is $150 for the lot.
- 1 auction for a 1997 Westvleteren 12. Starting bid is $40/11.2oz bottle.
- Auction for a 1991 Rodenbach Alexander and a 1999 Rochefort 10. Starting bid is $50.
I wish I was rich. Actually, I wonder if this would be considered a tax-deductable donation, since it is going to charity…