Craft Beer Power Rankings – 8-16-13
We’d like present you with the Craft Beer Power Rankings for the third week of August. The craft beer rankings ranks the 5 most buzzworthy beers of the week. Influences include but are not limited to social media (Facebook,Twitter, Instagram) as well as RateBeer and BeerAdvocate. Cheers!
5. Noble Ale Works Naughty Sauce – The SoCal cult classic is back. For those not familiar with this beer, it’s a blonde milk stout with fresh cold steeped coffee infused, served on Nitro. We are happy to say that out of our entire list of rare beer at last week’s The Full Pint 6th Anniversary, the special variant of Naughty Sauce was the first keg to go.
4. Jester King Viking Metal – Jester King is ready to open the doors to their pub and will be selling bottles of this guy. It’s a smoked, gin barrel aged beer in their new 500ml format. Jester King is doing some amazing things with their barrel program and are being recognized for it.
3. Three Floyds Dark Lord Russian Imperial Stout – You would think everyone in the midwest has tried this beer once, if not several times, and the luster would fade with this beer. Hardly the case, as this was the main attraction at the Great Taste of The Midwest.
2. Westbrook Barrel Aged Mexican Cake (Wine or Bourbon) – Easily the most sought after beer on the trading block right now. I got to sample both this past weekend, and listen here my friend, these Westbrook guys are doing some amazing things. If anyone would like to trade us, let us know.
1. Stone 17th Anniversary Götterdämmerung IPA – We’re always at the EDGE OF OUR SEAT this time of year wondering how stone will pull off a signature hoppy anniversary ale that differentiates from years past. This year, they made a hybrid of an Imperial Pilsner and Double IPA, and it’s been well received in it’s recent debut. It’s getting good marks, and has shown its face around the clock on Instagram due to it’s bright label and beautiful gold body. It was a calculated risk moving away from the super pungent American hop aromas, and it seems to have paid off.