Craft Beer Power Rankings 5-2-13
The Full Pint brings to you the Craft Beer Power Rankings for the first week of May. We attempt to rank the top five beers based on influences from a number of factors including, but not limited to social media platforms, Rate Beer, BeerAdvocate, etc. Here we go!
5. Stone Enjoy By 05.17.13 – We’re almost nine months into the #EnjoyBy rollout, and there seems to be no slowdown to the excitement in sight. As far as my palate can tell, the beer is as delicious as it was in September 2012, and while it’s not in demand like it was a few months ago, it’s still wowing everyone who is just getting to drink it now.
4. Founders Doom – This beer is holding on steady here in the Craft Beer Power Rankings. We’ve yet to try this beer ourselves, but with Founder’s reputation, we are fairly confident the demand for this beer is justified.
3. Firestone Walker Parabola 2013 – As this beer reaches the markets farther from California, we are seeing more #instabeer pics and many more trade offers and requests for this years vintage. While it’s easy for some of us to get, it’s not for everyone. We sampled this years batch, and without a shadow of a doubt, it’s spot on.
2. Dark Lord 2013 – These past two weeks are peak Dark Lord season. As mentioned in previous weeks editions, whether you are a DL collector or a newb wanting to try this for the first time, it is the right time of year for Dark Lord.
1. Barrel Aged Dark Lord Variants – Do you have a new born baby? A yacht perhaps? Sweet, you could probably land a 2013 Barrel Aged Dark Lord Variant. Three Floyds releases a very limited run of Barrel Aged Dark Lord at Dark Lord Day for the past 3 years, and folks for some reason get tunnel vision. Whether you are the fish or the fisher, a crazy trade transaction will ensue. FWIW, I’ve enjoyed every Barrel Aged variant to date, and much more than the untreated version. Happy hunting!