Craft Beer Power Rankings 4-11-14
We’re back with an action packed edition of Craft Beer Power Rankings. We attempt to rank the 5 most buzz worthy beer, based on analytical observations on highly visited craft beer websites and social media. Did we forget a big one? Would you say we’re spot on? Let us know in the comment section below. Cheers!
5. Alpine Nelson – Possibly one of the tastiest, most sought out San Diego IPAs in the country just became much more available. Thanks to the partnership of Green Flash Brewing, Alpine is brewing three of their most popular hoppy beers, kegging them and shipping them around California. All reports indicate that using Green Flash’s equipment had no effect on deliciousness of the beer, so we all win in the Golden State.
4. Founders KBS – Arguably Founder’s most popular beer is in season, and those who can get this beer are undoubtedly happy. Founder’s has done their best to spread the love, and it shows all over social media and the trading block.
3. Cigar City Hunahpu’s Imperial Stout – The unfairly purchased bottles of Hunahpu, and to a lesser extent, Double Barrel Hunahpu’s Imperial Stout are flowing into the secondary market fairly quick these past few weeks. Every other trade offer seems to be about Hunahpu. A little birdie told me the make up batch is in the finishing stages, so you trade kids better get in your transactions before the market is more flooded. It’s an amazing beer, and the upside to the sale mess is more people might wind up getting to try this bad boy.
2. Lost Abbey Veritas 013 – The masters of rare fruited sours, Lost Abbey held an ultra limited release, Veritas 013. It was a 4 bottle limit, online sale with rules in place to deter gaming of the system. This is highly sought after not only because of it’s rarity, but because Lost Abbey nails these extra small batches out of the park.
1. Bell’s Black Note – People can’t get enough of this beer. It’s no longer a brewery only release, many of the more aggressive beer enthusiasts have tried this beer already, and yet, there is still a strong demand for this beer. It is super delicious, and as I predicted before, this beer will be made again and again, so be patient.