Review – Stone – Sawyer’s Triple
Stone Brewing Co. – Sawyer’s Triple. 22 oz. bottle poured into a New Belgium Glass. 7.6% abv. Purchased at Stone Brewing Co. Store. Please read about the story and charity behind this brew after the tasting notes. – TFP
Appearance: Bright, cloudy gold with a pinstripe of white at the top.
Aroma: Banana, clove, yeast, and fried banana chips.
Taste: Banana, cloves, caramel, vanilla, and modest bitter hops.
Mouthfeel: Thick, almost syrupy.
Overall: Amazing. I like about 50% of the Tripel’s I try, so I was afraid of not liking a beer brewed for charity. Luckily, that wasn’t the case with this beer.
Here is what you need to know:
- Bottles of Sawyer’s Triple will be available for sale at the Stone Company Store starting Tuesday, November 11th. The 22 oz bottles will sell for $6 each (plus tax and CRV).
- Sawyer’s Triple will be available on draft as well at the Stone World Bistro & Gardens for $6 a pint.
- As before, absolutely 100% of the proceeds will go to charity; specifically, to Fight ALD!, the research and education foundation started by Janis Sherwood.
- Although the sale of Stone Special Release beers has often been limited to 2 or 3 bottles per person, there will be no such limit for Sawyer’s Triple. Please note, however, no “case discount” will be in effect in order to provide Fight ALD with as much funding as possible.
- Currently, Sawyer’s Triple is available for sale exclusively here at Stone.
I hope that you will join me, Team Stone, and the rest of our devoted fans in paying tribute to a noble spirit and in promoting a noble cause. Here’s to your health, generosity, and fulfillment!
The ENTIRE Story Behind Sawyers Triple Link