Stone Brewing To Open A Brewery in Europe?
TheFullPint.com has just gotten word from Stone Brewing Company, that the idea is more than being tossed around about possibly opening a brewery in the continent of Europe. In the forthcoming Vimeo video, Greg Koch and Steve Wagner explain the following facts, and make it clear that this project is not set in STONE. haha oh god yes. I guess the Stone camp is wearing off on me.
What we know from Stone So Far
- Stone Brewing feels their fans in Europe deserve fresh, local Stone Brewing beer, and thus it would be great to have a brewing facility there so the beer wouldn’t have to make such a long trek.
- They have not turned any dirt, nor do they have any particular country in mind. They will be drafting a request for proposal and shopping around for ONLY an ideal fit.
- This planning phase and subsequent implementation will not impact how slow or fast Stone moves into new territories in the United States.
- If this projects meets success, Stone will likely be making beers exclusive to Europe, and do not anticipate making copies of what is being brewed in Escondido, CA.
- This project will only go down if it makes GOOD business sense, or it won’t be done.
Thoughts from TheFullPint.com
- Everyone deserves fresh , quality beer. The folks in Europe should feel quite blessed that a great American beer maker wants to do this.
- Are Europeans worthy of fresh Arrogant Bastard?
- Will a Stone Distributing UK be too far behind if this project gets rolling?
- How funny would it be if the Gargoyle resided in France?
Watch the Vimeo video below with the words coming straight from Greg and Steve’s mouth, and a link to Stone’s official blog on the matter. Because G-Murda has asked us not to pipe in with our recommendations…yet, please feel free to post them below in the comments section.