SAVOR 2013: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience
Presented by the Brewers Association, SAVOR: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience is the premier beer and food pairing event in the U.S. The event comes to NYC after five consecutive years in the nation’s capital. Attendees will enjoy beers from 76 small and independent U.S. breweries, hailing from 31 different states and representing all regions of the country. Along with tasting some of the finest craft beers, attendees will enjoy a diverse array of food pairings designed by Chef Adam Dulye, co-owner/chef of San Francisco’s The Monk’s Kettle and James Beard Award-semifinalist Abbot’s Cellar, in collaboration with a panel of chefs and Cicerones®. Sonnier & Castle will serve as the event caterer.
SAVOR sets itself apart by bringing the notable personalities behind craft beer brands to the front lines to serve guests. Attendees also have an opportunity to interact with brewers during private salon tastings throughout the two nights.
When: Friday, June 14 and Saturday, June 15, 2013 7:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. ET
Where: Altman Building and adjoining Metropolitan Pavilion 125 West 18th Street New York, NY 10011
With the craft beer industry continuing to expand at an extraordinary rate, SAVOR takes the opportunity to showcase the contribution America’s small and independent craft brewers have made to the advancing food arts world. Treat your palate to carefully selected pairings while mingling with the driving forces behind the brands. This unique experience allows beer lovers to gain a better understanding of the diverse offerings from today’s brewers and why craft beer is gaining a place at restaurants and homes across the country. Take advantage while SAVOR is in the Empire State, as the event returns to Washington, D.C. in 2014.
SAVOR tickets will be available for purchase to the general public on April 17, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. MDT/12:00 p.m. EDT via Ticketmaster.
Grand Tasting costs $170 per ticket and includes:
- Craft beer and food (small plate) pairings—a variety of food items and two-ounce tastings of craft beer
- The opportunity to be personally served by many luminaries and innovators of the craft beer world
- A commemorative tasting glass
- An event program with room for tasting notes
Grand Tasting + Salon Package costs $195 per ticket and includes:
- Entrance to Grand Tasting, plus one private tasting salon of your choice. For more information on salons, please see the 2013 Salon Schedule.
*SAVOR ticket sales are limited to two tickets per night, per order. There is limited availability.
2013 SAVOR Supporters:
Supporting Host: Manhattan Beer Distributors
Supporting Partners: Abita Brewing Company, Brewery Ommegang, Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Samuel Adams, CraftBeer.com
Supporting Breweries: Allagash Brewing Company, Boulevard Brewing Company, Brooklyn Brewery, Devils Backbone Brewing Company, Flying Dog Brewery, Full Sail Brewing Company, Harpoon Brewery, Heavy Seas, New Belgium Brewing Company, Oakshire Brewing, Saranac Brewery, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Supporters: Brewers Supply Group, DRAFT Magazine, Oak Beverages, Inc., Spiegelau
- There were more than 200 entrants in the brewery lottery this year. Forty-five (60 percent) of the breweries that are attending are new to SAVOR, and thirty-one (40 percent) are returning SAVOR breweries.
- Sonnier & Castle, a luxury purveyor of innovative cuisine and cutting edge design, will serve as the caterer for this year’s event.
- All guests will receive an etched 2013 SAVOR commemorative tasting glass.
- Attendees will receive a SAVOR collaboration beer as an exit gift, brewed by Brewery Ommegang, Brooklyn Brewery and Saranac Brewery especially for the event.
About the Brewers Association
The Brewers Association is the not-for-profit trade association dedicated to small and independent American brewers, their craft beers and the community of brewing enthusiasts. The Brewers Association (BA) represents more than 70 percent of the brewing industry, and its members make more than 99 percent of the beer brewed in the U.S. The BA organizes events including the World Beer Cup®, Great American Beer Festival®, Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America®, SAVOR℠: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience and American Craft Beer Week®. The BA publishes The New Brewer magazine and its Brewers Publications division is the largest publisher of contemporary and relevant brewing literature for today’s craft brewers and homebrewers.