Recap: El Segundo Brewing’s Rob Croxall on The Steve Austin Show
(El Segundo,CA) – My head nearly exploded when my favorite wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin had my favorite Los Angeles Brewer, Rob Croxall of El Segundo Brewing on his podcast, The Steve Austin Show. For those not familiar with either, El Segundo is a fairly young brewery near LAX airport that has a focused, hoppy portfolio of beer. Steve Austin is a Global Icon and a National Treature (G.I.A.N.T) who made a name for himself for two decades, most notably as Stone Cold Steve Austin in the WWE in the late 90’s.
If you are an avid listener to the Tuesday Steve Austin Show, and his foul mouthed Thursday Steve Austin Show Unleashed, you’ll know that Steve has traded in his Bud Light for the flavorful West Coast IPAs. Last year, he interviewed Ken Grossman of Sierra Nevada Brewing and solidified his craft beer fandom. Earlier this week, he sat down with Rob Croxall of El Segundo Brewing. Here’s a quick recap followed by a link to the entire show.
- Rob’s profession before beginning El Segundo Brewing
- Rob’s homebrewing hobby
- Rob’s experience at the UC Davis Brewing program
- Rob’s explanation of the West Coast Style
- A great story on the challenges of bringing Citra Extra Pale to market
- Back story on El Segundo’s art and branding
- Back story on Two Five Left, Mayberry, Hop Tanker
- What does Hyperion mean?
- Rob’s thoughts on expansion
- Much much more.