Penrose Brewing Wild IX & Wild X Bottle Release May 2, 2015
(Geneva,IL) – Those who’ve made our last few releases are in the know, but if you haven’t been paying attention, we’ve improved our process over the past several months and have gotten things dialed in.
Our next two wild releases drop Saturday, May 2nd. At 10am, we’ll start selling 375mL bottles of Wild IX, a wild ale with Brettanomyces dry-hopped with Amarillo, and Wild X, a wild red ale aged in wine and bourbon barrels. Wild IX will be $8/bottle, and Wild X will be $12/bottle.
If you’ve been missing out lately, here’s what you can expect:.
- Delicious beers – Wild IX and Wild X will be on draught in the taproom, along with a few other tasty treats — rumor has it there may be a special barrel-aged anniversary beer we made for some nearby friends.
- We’re moving into warmer months, but we’re still allowing early arrivals to line up in the brewery starting at 9am, and we’ll do our very best to provide indoor accommodations to as many people as space allows, especially in case of rain / storms.
- Our brewery and taproom bathrooms will both available for use before the taproom officially opens.
- Although bottles will not go on sale until 10am, we will start handing out tickets once our allocation has been determined. Expect a higher bottle count than our previous releases.
- Same checkout procedure – 3 iPads + cash for bottle sales. Credit/debit cards only for beer over the bar in the taproom. Last time we moved the line through in under a half-hour, but we’re always looking to improve.
- FreshGround coffee will be your caffeine source.
- $1 bills are always recommended – if you don’t know by now, plan to be here to find out.
- We’ll also have a small amount of anniversary posters available for sale for $30 each.
Penrose Brewing is located at: 509 Stevens Street, Geneva, IL 60134