Exciting Oskar Blues Expansion News for 2012
Not long ago, you had to “know somebody” to get your hands on a can of Dale’s Pale Ale. Those days are over for now, as Oskar Blues has shared some exciting expansion news with us, that will likely come to fruition as soon as early 2012. Cheers!
January 1st 2012 – Mama’s Little Yella PILS (GABF Silver Medal Winner – Bohemian Style Pilsener) in a 12-pack.
March 2012 – Deviant Dale’s IPA (GABF Silver Medal Winner / American Style IPA) launched in 16oz cans.
2012 – Total of $3.5 Million for 2012 Improvements – Est Barrelage (75 to 80K)
- New Mill / Malt Handling Equipment – October 2011
a. Better grain crush which will increase our extract (more sugar from every pound of grain; we can reduce our grain bill) and should allow for faster lautering (speed up how fast we collect wort from the mash tun into the kettle).
b. Bucket Elevator – saves time and people
- Can Line – December
a. KHS Filler(30 Valve Filler) and Angelus Seamer (4 station)– # of Cans a Minute 300 cans / min – 16oz can option
b. Sentry Automated Depalletizer – December
c. Sen-Pack Cartoner – 12-Pack & Tray Packaging / Less Raw Materials for new 12-Pack Boxes and Trays
- Six 200 BBL Fermentation Tanks – get here in December 2011, installed once old can line is gone.
- One 400 BBL Bright Tank – get here in December 2011, installed once old can line is gone.
- Brewhouse Improvements to reach 160,000 BBLS (12 brews per day) (Current is 8, 10/15/11)
a. Additional Mash Vessel – Spring/Winter 2012
–i. Lauter Ton – Repurposed from Mash/Lauter to only Lauter
–ii. From 4 to 5 vessel system
b. Additional Chiller – December 2011
c. Increased Controls in Brewhouse (Automation) Jan & Feb 2012
- Cooler Remodel & Expansion – Build up to loading dock doors, help beer handling and eliminate and beer staging on the floor.
- Offices & Tasty Weasel Taproom Remodel (Not included in $3.5 estimate)
a. Includes additional production space / Increased Lab
b. Tasty Weasel Patio
c. Office Space Focus