- This event has passed.
WestFax Brewing 3 Years of Liberating Beer
March 8, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 11:00 pm
One event on March 9, 2019 at 11:00 am
WestFax Brewing Company, located at 6733 West Colfax Avenue in Lakewood, Colorado, will celebrate “3 years of liberating beer” on Friday and Saturday, March 8th – 9th. This two-day event is filled with beer releases, such as Laws Whiskey rye barrel aged imperial stout, Sippin’ on a Cloud Double Hazy IPA, 3 brewery collaboration Brut IPA (just to name a few). Attendance is free; full details are outlined below.
Friday, March 8th 2PM – 11PM:
Friday’s festivities will include a “Barrel Aged Friday” theme with 3 barrel aged beer releases, including ‘Concussion Protocol’ Belgian Quad, ‘Silently Judging’ Laws Whiskey bourbon barrel aged imperial stout, and new release ‘Rye Are You Judging Me?’ a Laws Whiskey rye barrel aged imperial stout. ‘Rye Are You Judging Me?’ will also be available in 22oz bombers for purchase for $17 each in limited quantities. Additionally, Friday’s activities will include food trucks, ax throwing, new anniversary merchandise, hair/beard trims by local Crisp Barbershop, as well as a limited release of Urban Lumberjack Hazy IPA 16oz cans for purchase.
Saturday, March 9th 11AM – 11PM:
Saturday will be packed with timed beer releases (see schedule below) and will also feature a limited colorful anniversary glass custom drawn by local Colorado artist Drawing from Nature, depicting West Colfax (the brewery’s home), as well as Denver and the Rocky Mountains. 150 of these glasses will be available for $3 each with any beer purchase while supplies last. There will also be 4 beer releases throughout the day: a Double Hazy IPA, Brut IPA collaboration with Westbound & Down and Woods Boss Brewing, Irish Thin Mint Nitro Pastry Stout, and Raspberry Berliner. Both the Double Hazy IPA (Sippin’ on a Cloud) and the Brut IPA collaboration (W³ Brut IPA) will be available for purchase in limited 16oz cans via 4-packs. One of this year’s new event highlights is the “Concert in the Kettles” featuring two local bands playing live music inside the brewery’s production area. Trending Denver band The Kinky Fingers will headline this portion of the event with opener Larry Nix. This concert will start at 7PM in the back of the brewery, which will also make it optional to attend. This is free with standing room only, but will also include a separate beer station near the stage for convenience.
Full Anniversary Event Schedule:
FRIDAY 2-11PM: Barrel Aged Friday + Epic Activities:
- Bottle Release: 2PM — Rye Are You Judging Me, Laws Whiskey rye barrel aged imperial stout, bombers will be available for $17 each, limited quantities. This beer will also be available on tap while supplies last.
- Ax Throwing: 5-9PM — Enjoy unlimited ax throwing by Jack’s Axe Throwing for just $20 per person!
- Beard/hair trims: 4-7PM — free by Crisp Barber Shop!
- Barrel Aged Beers on Tap: ‘Concussion Protocol’ Belgian Quad aged in Breckenridge bourbon barrels, ‘Silently Judging’ Laws Whiskey bourbon barrel aged stout, ‘Rye Are You Judging Me’ Laws Whiskey rye barrel aged stout.
- Urban Lumberjack hazy IPA 16oz cans $14/pack artwork by Drawing from Nature
- Limited Anniversary merch release!
SATURDAY 11A-11PM: 4 Beer Releases, Glassware, 2 Can Releases + FREE Concert:
- Limited 3 Year Anniversary Glassware: 11AM — Local artwork by Drawing from Nature on this 16oz can glass depicting Colfax/Denver/Front Range in a full color wrap. Just $3 with your pour, limited 150 glasses, first come first serve!
- Concert in the Kettles: 7PM — Enjoy this free concert in the back of our brewery surrounded by our brew kettles with a separate bar station. Music will start at 7pm with the amazing and locally acclaimed Larry Nix followed by the main event, The Kinky Fingers. Standing room only, first come first serve for spots!
Saturday Beer Release Schedule:
- 11AM – W³ Anniversary Collab Brut IPA beer & can release with Westfax, Woods Boss, and Westbound & Down. Light bitterness with forward fruit flavors derived from American and New Zealand varieties of hops. A blend of Stone Fruit, Citrus, Tropical, melon, and Floral hops. Dry hopped at 3# per barrel for our 3rd anniversary.
American Hops: Centennial, Mosaic, Cashmere
New Zealand Hops: Wai-iti, Moutere. 16oz cans available for $16/pack
- 2PM — ‘Sippin’ on a Cloud’ double hazy IPA release. Brewed with copious amounts of oats to provide a fluffy and smooth mouthfeel while accentuating the hop flavors of berry, melon, and tangerine with a subtle minty finish. Hops: Sabro, Mosaic, Ekuanot, and Enigma. 16oz cans available for $17/pack. Original can artwork by Noelle Phares Art
- 4PM — Berliner Small Batch Release: Lightly soured accompanied with graham crackers and raspberries. Tart, crisp and refreshing. 1 keg only! Not available to-go.
- 6PM — Irish Thin Mint Nitro Pastry Stout: Made with Ecuadorian coco nibs and melted down peppermint candies. 1 keg only! Not available to-go
- March 8, 2019
2:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Anniversary, Beer Release