(San Francisco, CA) – Cider Summit SF is returning to the Presidio on April 22 from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. and today announced the final lineup of nearly 200 ciders from over 60 producers, including local, regional and international favorites. More than half of the ciders at this year’s event will be new, including 16 new producers. Guests will be able to discover new and unique ciders in addition to cider cocktails and food from various local vendors.
Final Programming and Event Highlights:
- Choose from nearly 200 cidersfrom around the world to sip on and meet and mingle with the cidermakers.
- Taste a variety of unique cider cocktailsfrom locally-produced J. Seeds Cider Whiskey and Calvados, an apple brandy from the Normandy region in France.
- Exclusive tasting of a limited edition Finnriver-Cider Summit collaboration cider, a Saison/Farmhouse style cider made from a select blend of Washington Certified Organic apples fermented with a Saison ale.
- Sip on specially produced batches of cider as part of the Fruit Cider Challenge, which will include 13 entries and feature ciders made from guava, apricot, blueberry, black currant, cherry and passionfruit. Guests will vote for their favorite and the winner will be announced at the conclusion of the event.
- Enjoy specially paired food selections from the Whole Foods Market Truck, Slow Hand BBQ and others.
- Hang out in the “Dog Lounge” hosted by Berkeley Humane & Wag Hotels.
- Shop in the event store featuring Cider Summit SF t-shirts and other merchandise.
Participating cideries include:
Featured local California cideries: Ace Cider, 101 Cider House, Brooks Dry Cider*San Francisco, Common Cider, Crooked City Cider*Oakland, Ethic Ciders, The Far West Cider Co., Hemly Cider, Hidden Star Orchards, Horse & Plow, Humboldt Cider, Indigeny Reserve, Gowan’s Estate Heirloom Cider, Golden State Cider, Lassen Traditional Cider, Mission Trail Cider Co., Pitsnogled Cider, Redwood Coast Cider, Santa Cruz Scrumpy, Red Branch Cider, Santa Cruz Cider Co., Scar of the Sea, See Canyon Hard Cider, Sierra Cider Co., Tag + Jug Cider*San Francisco, Two Rivers Cider Company, Tilted Shed Ciderworks, Sonoma Cider, South City Ciderworks, WildCide Hard Cider, Wrangletown Cider Co., Tin City Cider Co., William Tell Cider.
Featured Northwest cideries: 2 Towns Cider House, Atlas Cider, Cider Riot, E.Z. Orchards, Dragon’s Head Cider, Finnriver Farm & Cidery, Seattle Cider Co., Tieton Cider Works, Wandering Aengus & Athem, Schilling Hard Cider, and from the East Coast, Eden Specialty Ciders.
Featured International cideries: Aspall Cyder House, Craigie’s Ballyhook Flyer, The Good Cider, Newton Court Cider, Sea Cider Farm & Cider House, Worley’s Cider, Winesellers, Ltd., Dunkertons Cider, William’s Orchards,
Tickets are $40 in advance (also available at SF area Whole Foods Markets) and $45 at the door, cash only. VIP tickets are also available exclusively online in advance for $50, which includes exclusive early access to the event from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. and two additional tasting tickets. Designated driver tickets are available for purchase at the event for $5 and include Boxed Water. Accompanied minors will be admitted at no charge. Purchase tickets here.
For those seeking to utilize public transportation, the complimentary PresidiGo shuttle runs throughout the day from several locations in San Francisco, including the Embarcadero BART stop. SF MUNI also operates multiple bus routes to The Presidio. There is also ample onsite parking.
Cider Summit is committed to working with the community and various non-profit organizations. A percentage of ticket sales from the event will support The Institute for Myeloma & Bone Cancer Research and Berkeley Humane.
Cider Summit SF is presented by Whole Foods Market, a destination for craft cider, retailing over 70 brands of cider and returning as a presenting sponsor for the fourth year, along with supporting sponsors including, Upcider Gastropub, Oregon Fruit Products, KRAVE Jerky, Hood River Juice, J. Seeds Cider Whiskey, Umpqua Bank, BART and Morris Distributing. Media partners include SF Weekly and CIDERCRAFT Magazine