(DENVER, CO) – The list of 50 craft brewers committed to pour beer at the Denver Rare Beer Tasting VII has been released by Pints for Prostates.
The prostate cancer awareness event will be held on Sept. 25 in Colorado during the same weekend as the Great American Beer Festival. The Denver Rare Beer Tasting VII features the chance to sample rare, exotic and vintage beers from 50 of America’s top craft breweries and the opportunity to meet the men and women who made them.
“An amazing group of American craft breweries have generously agreed to reach deep into their beer cellars for prized brews to pour at the Denver Rare Beer Tasting VII,” said Rick Lyke, founder of Pints for Prostates. “By helping us reach men through the universal language of beer, these brewers have joined the fight against prostate cancer.”
Brewers who have committed to attend the event include:
- Abbey Beverage, Abiquiu, N.M.*
- Alaskan Brewing, Juneau, Alaska
- Avery Brewing, Boulder, Colo.
- Bear Republic Brewing, Healdsburg, Calif.
- Bells Brewing, Kalamazoo, Mich.
- Big Sky Brewing, Missoula, Mont.
- Boston Beer, Boston, Mass.
- Boulevard Brewing, Kansas City, Mo.
- Breakside Brewery, Portland, Ore.*
- The Brooklyn Brewery, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- The Bruery, Placentia, Calif.
- Casey Brewing & Blending, Glenwood Springs, Colo.*
- Central Waters Brewing, Amherst, Wisc.*
- Crooked Stave Artisan Beer, Denver, Colo.
- Crux Fermentation Project, Bend, Ore.*
- Deschutes Brewery, Bend, Ore.
- Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Milton, Del.
- Elevation Beer Company, Poncha Springs, Colo.
- Epic Brewing, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Firestone Walker Brewing, Paso Robles, Calif.
- Foothills Brewing, Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Funky Buddha Brewing, Oakland Park, Fla.*
- Goose Island Brewing, Chicago, Ill.
- Grand Teton Brewing, Victor, Idaho
- Great Divide Brewing, Denver, Colo.
- Grimm Brothers Brewhouse, Loveland, Colo.
- Hoppin’ Frog Brewing, Akron, Ohio*
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Laughing Dog Brewing, Ponderay, Idaho
- The Lost Abbey, San Marcos, Calif.
- F.X. Matt Brewing, Utica, N.Y.
- NoDa Brewing, Charlotte, N.C.
- New Belgium Brewing, Fort Collins, Colo.
- New Holland Brewing, Holland, Mich.
- NXNW Restaurant and Brewery, Austin, Texas
- Odell Brewing, Fort Collins, Colo.
- Perennial Artisan Ales, St. Louis, Mo.
- pFriem Family Brewers, Hood River, Ore.*
- River North Brewery, Denver, Colo.
- Rogue Ales, Newport, Ore.
- Schooner Exact Brewing, Seattle, Wash.*
- Sierra Nevada Brewing, Chico, Calif.
- Spangalang Brewery, Denver, Colo.*
- Stone Brewing, Escondido, Calif.
- Sun King Brewing, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Union Craft Brewery, Baltimore, Md.
- Verboten Brewing, Loveland, Colo.*
- Wicked Weed Brewing, Asheville, N.C.
- Wormtown Brewing, Worcester, Mass.
- Yazoo Brewing, Nashville, Tenn.*
(* Indicates first appearance at Denver Rare Beer Tasting.)
Breweries bring some of their rarest brews to the annual tasting. The beer list for the Denver Rare Beer Tasting VII will be released prior to the event. A list of beers poured during the first six years is available on the Pints for Prostates website.
In addition to the beer and silent auction donations made by participating breweries, the Denver Rare Beer Tasting VII is being sponsored in part by DRAFT Magazine and Zenan USA. Additional sponsorship packages are available for companies that wish to take part in this boutique tasting.
Tickets for the event go on sale on June 21 at 10 a.m. VIP tickets are $150 and include early admission starting at Noon. General admission tickets are $110 for the 1-4 p.m. tasting. Each attendee receives a commemorative tasting glass, t-shirt, program and pen. A buffet lunch is included in the ticket price and guests will have the chance to bid in an exciting silent auction that includes a variety of unique beer experiences and collectibles. The first six Denver Rare Beer Tastings sold out several weeks in advance. The event will be held this year on two floors of the McNichols Civic Center Building at 144 W. Colfax Ave.
All Denver Rare Beer Tasting ticket holders will be entered into a drawing for a 9-night BeerTrips.com organized tour for two to Europe. VIP ticket holders will receive three raffle tickets and general admission ticket holders will receive one ticket. Anyone wearing a Pints for Prostates t-shirt or hat to the event will receive another free entry for the drawing. Additional tickets will be available for a donation. The winner will be drawn during the event from tickets collected exclusively at the Denver Rare Beer Tasting. The winner and a guest will travel to Europe in 2016 on a trip that includes roundtrip airfare from the continental U.S., 9 nights hotel, ground transportation, brewery tours, pub crawls, guided city tours, 9 breakfasts, 4 beer lunches and 4 beer dinners. Complete details on this year’s destination will be announced shortly.
“The Denver Rare Beer Tasting is a celebration of beer passion. Beer fans get to taste a collection of beers that few people have the opportunity to enjoy, while rubbing elbows with some of the world’s most talented brewers,” said Lyke. “It is a fun afternoon and a great atmosphere, with a serious mission: raising awareness about prostate cancer.”
Pints for Prostates is a 501(c)3 non-profit charity and all net proceeds from Denver Rare Beer Tasting go towards the group’s awareness mission and help to fund the education and support programs of the Us TOO International Prostate Cancer Education and Support Network, and free prostates cancer screening programs provided by the Prostate Conditions Education Council.
About Pints for Prostates
Pints for Prostates reaches men through the universal language of beer to encourage them to take charge of their health. The group was founded by prostate cancer survivor and beer writer Rick Lyke in 2008. The grassroots effort raises awareness among men about the importance of regular men’s health screenings by making appearances at beer festivals, social networking and pro bono advertising. According to the National Cancer Institute, approximately 233,000 new prostate cancer cases are diagnosed annually in the U.S. More information is available atwww.pintsforprostates.org. Pints for Prostates also has a presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@pints4prostates).